KATHRYN BRACK MORROW
Kathryn (Katy) Brack Morrow maintains a diverse civil litigation practice, with a particular focus on the defense of healthcare providers in state and federal court, as well as before their licensing boards. Katy also represents clients in complex commercial litigation and environmental/land use litigation involving strict tort liability, toxic tort, breach of contract, fraud, negligence and intentional tort claims, and causes of action.
Katy speaks to industry groups on national and local levels on a variety of matters including healthcare law, toxic tort liability, federal lands issues, wind energy development, and land use/zoning matters. She has briefed and/or argued issues before state and federal district courts, the United States Courts of Appeal for the Ninth and Tenth Circuits, the Wyoming Supreme Court, the New Mexico Court of Appeals, and the United States Supreme Court.
While in law school, Katy was a member of the Baylor Law Review, and was a legal intern for the Honorable Jeffrey Manske, United States Magistrate Judge for the Western District of Texas. During her educational career, she completed internships with the United States Department of State at its embassy in Paris, France, and with Senator Pete V. Domenici in Washington, D.C.
- Baylor School of Law, 2005
- New Mexico State University, Masters of Arts, 2002
- New Mexico State University, Bachelors of Arts, 2001
- New Mexico
- U.S. District Court, Colorado
- U.S. District Court, New Mexico
- U.S. District Court, Wyoming
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. Global Leadership Coalition – New Mexico Advisory Committee
- State Bar of New Mexico, Natural Resources, Energy and Environmental Law – Board Member (2013 – 2016)
- Board of Editors – State Bar of New Mexico (2007-2010)
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- Leadership Las Cruces, Class of 2015
- Downtown Las Cruces Partnership – Board Member
- President’s Associates Scholarship Foundation at NMSU – Board Member (2009 – 2015)
- El Paso Pro Musica – Las Cruces, NM Board President
- La Casa, Inc. – Board Member (2015 – 2016)