J. SCOTT MANN
The primary focus of Scott Mann’s practice has been the defense of healthcare providers in the state and federal courts of Texas and New Mexico, as well as before licensing boards of both states.
Mr. Mann has also represented a wide range of national and multi-national product manufacturers against strict tort liability, warranty, negligence and intentional tort claims and causes of action. His clients include the manufacturers of commercial trucks and passenger vehicles, consumer products and fire suppression devices.
Mr. Mann has been included in the 2022 and 2021 Editions of The Best Lawyers in America. Please click here to view the firm’s profile featured on their site. Mr. Mann has been selected as a 2021 Texas Super Lawyers. This will be his 8th consecutive year receiving this recognition; in the area of medical malpractice defense.
In 2010, Mr. Mann was inducted as a fellow in the Litigation Counsel of America. In 2017 he was named a “Senior Fellow” in the organization. The Litigation Counsel of America is a trial lawyer honorary society composed of less than one-half of one percent of American lawyers. Fellowship in the LCA is selective and by invitation only. Fellows are selected based upon effectiveness and accomplishment in litigation, both at the trial and appellate levels, and superior ethical reputation.
In 2014, Mr. Mann was inducted as an associate in the American Board of Trial Advocates.
- Texas Tech University School of Law, J.D., 1997
- University of Texas at Austin, B.A., 1993
- Texas, 1997
- New Mexico, 1998
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, District of New Mexico
- State Bar of Texas
- State Bar of New Mexico
- Texas Association of Defense Counsel
- Litigation Counsel of America (“LCA”), Senior Fellow
- Diversity Law Institute (Member)
- The Trial Law Institute (Member)
- LCA, Barrister, Order of Veritas
- American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA)
Scott is a current Director of the Sun Bowl Association, and a former Director of the El Paso Bar Association and the Texas Association of Defense Counsel.
Scott has spoken on litigation topics for lawyers, paralegals and healthcare providers, and for the Texas Association of Defense Counsel. He has also served on the planning committee for the State Bar of Texas Advanced Civil Trial Course.